- Public Works
- Parks Bond Projects
Parks Bond Projects
On March 17, 2020, Casselberry voters approved a parks bond referendum to fund major City park improvements. The referendum authorized up to $24M in bonds to be taken out, which is to be repaid by property taxes over many years. The projects proposed to be addressed by the bonds, in priority order, are: Secret Lake Park, Lake Concord Park (Art House Expansion), Wirz Park, “Wheel Park”, Dew Drop Park, and Sunnytown Park. Five of these projects consist of redevelopment of existing parks, while “Wheel Park” (which is an unofficial name only) is a new park proposed in two phases along both sides of North Winter Park Drive just south of Belle Avenue.
Below are brief updates on the status of each park as of May 2023:
- Secret Lake Park – Construction of this project is complete, with the exception of additional lighting to be installed by Duke Energy later in 2023.
- Lake Concord Park (Art House Expansion) – Construction of this project is nearing completion, with final completion anticipated in summer 2023.
- Wirz Park – Final design of this park is underway, with construction anticipated to commence in fall 2023.
- “Wheel Park” (Phase 1 and Phase 2) – Final design of both phases of this park is underway, with construction anticipated to commence in late 2023 or early 2024, subject to available funding.
- Dew Prop Park – Final design of this park is underway, with construction anticipated to commence in mid 2024, subject to available funding.
- Sunnytown Park – This project has been paused indefinitely due to funding and site constraints. It is anticipated there will be future public engagement to update the proposed concept for the park prior to implementing any major improvements.
Please contact the Public Works & Utilities Director via email or at (407) 262-7725, Ext. 1235, should you have any questions or need additional information. Conceptual plans for each park that were part of the parks bond referendum information are also available upon request.