Annual Rotary Calendar
The Rotary Club of Casselberry and the City of Casselberry presents a juried art submission to the 2020 Rotary Club of Casselberry Community Art Calendar, and invitation to the Artist Appreciation Reception November 1, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Casselberry Art House.
Artist submission for the 2020 Calendar will be judged according to the theme "Our Central Florida Community."
There are 13 available positions in the calendar as chosen by a panel of judges prior to the event, with the coveted cover position to be designated to the artist that best exemplifies the spirit of the local Community.
Deadline to submit: Friday, August 30, 2019
1. Each entrant will be provided with 5 calendars ($25 equivalent donation) that will be available at the Artist Appreciation Reception to give to friends and acquaintances. If you require a large quantity of additional calendars, we must receive your request prior to press production (Mid-September). Donations for additional calendars will be accepted at the Reception.
2. Artists may present up to three submissions, which must be either the original work or an electronic file (e-file) consisting of a high resolution photograph suitable for magazine style process color printing of the submitted work. Original work submissions without an accompanying suitable e-file photograph will be photographed by the calendar staff for e-file submission. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN LANDSCAPE FORMAT. 3. There are no restrictions to the artist medium, however, the artist should keep in mind that the work will exhibit in a photograph since the selected works will be placed as photos in a printed piece.
4. All submitted artwork must include the artist's contact information that includes the artist's name, the title of the submitted work, an e-mail address and a phone number.
5. A brief Artist's Statement is provided on the application to explain how the submitted work corresponds to the theme.
6. Photo submissions with application are to be sent to the Casselberry Art House, which can be contacted at (407) 262-7700 Ext. 1122, or by Emailing the Art House.
7. Artwork photo e-files may be submitted via CD/DVD, USB memory chip, or a photo sharing link (such as Dropbox).
8. Acceptable high resolution photograph files are 8.5 inches by 11 inches (2550 pixels by 3300 pixels) with a minimum output resolution of 300 dots per inch (dpi). Smaller size photos can be accepted with higher output resolution (600 or 1200 dpi) that when enlarged will be 300 dpi at the finished size. You may submit in any standard photo file format such as JPEG, TIFF or PDF.
9. Artists who are selected to have their work included in the calendar have the option to also submit a printed photograph (or a print) of their submitted file that can be reviewed by the pre-press team for color comparison to the printed piece. Please note that the printed piece is pleasing color style and not precise color, and should be expected that a slight variation in tonal color will occur.
10. Physical delivery of submitted works should be to the Casselberry Art House, 127 Quail Pond Circle, Casselberry, FL 32707, Attention of Jason Costa.
11. If you would like any submitted material returned, please include a self-addressed, fully postage paid envelope, or you can make arrangements in advance to pickup materials at the Casselberry Art House.
12. All applications must be received by August 30, 2019 either by e-mail, or postal mail that is postmarked no later than the deadline. Any submission received after the deadline will not be included in the jury review.
13. Notification of artist's selection in the calendar will be made via e-mail to the artist within two weeks of the deadline.
Submitted artwork will be judged by a panel with the selection criteria that pertains to the theme "Our Central Florida Community ". Examples of themes may include, but are not limited to, "a slice of life" in Central Florida, notable landmarks, the artist's connection to Central Florida, historical references or City of Casselberry events.
The selected artist submission will occupy a full page above a corresponding calendar month page, and will include the photograph of the selected work, the title of the work, the name of the artist and a copyright protection notice.
Each selected work will be assigned to a designated month in a calendar by the calendar committee. If an artist wants a specific month associated with the selected submission, the artist will be granted the designated month for a placement reservation of $150.00, subject to first availability. Included with the reservation are 25 calendars ($125 value) plus a business card size ad in the calendar ($85 value).
The cover is reserved for best choice by the calendar jury.
Artist Appreciation Reception
1. A special reception in honor of the artists and the presentation of the 2020 Rotary Club of Casselberry Community Calendar will be conducted at the Casselberry Art House November 1, 2019, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2. The art community and interested citizens of Casselberry are invited to attend. Artists are encouraged to attend this event, and bring friends and family.
3. Selected artists may present their original works of their calendar art to be on display at the Art House for the period of November 1 through November 28, 2019. Drop off of art work will be on October 31, 2019 and pick up is no later than November 29, 2019. These dates may be subject to change.
4. All art submitted must include artist name, title, price (if work will be offered for sale), size as submitted, and medium.
5. Please note that The Casselberry Art House does not provide insurance for any original works submitted for display. All Artists must sign the City of Casselberry Art Release Form.
The 2020 Rotary Club of Casselberry Community Art Calendar is a project of the Rotary Club of Casselberry, with all proceeds designated to the community service projects that the club conducts. We appreciate your support in helping our community through Rotary Community Service projects.