Current Hiring Status: Accepting Applications
Thank you for your interest in the Casselberry Police Department.
We are accepting applications for the positions of:
- Police Officer - Open until filled
- *** New Officers are eligible for reimbursement of police academy expenses up to $3,600.00 ***
Phone: (407) 262-7616 Ext. 1067
Fax (407) 262-7629
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Police Officer Salary
Base Pay - $44,764.00
Plus additional salary incentives:
- Up to $130.00 a month / $1560.00 a year
- 2% night shift differential
- 2% wage supplement for City of Casselberry residents
- New Officers are eligible for reimbursement of police academy expenses up to $3,600.00
- Take-Home Vehicle Program - upon completion of the Field Training Program
- Health Insurance - City pays a substantial portion of employee’s health insurance; dependent coverage available at additional cost
- Optional dental and vision care for employees and their families
- Paid life insurance
- Paid physical exams
- Retirement - The employee contributes 3% of salary and is vested after ten years
- College Tuition Plan - tuition and expenses reimbursed up to $2400 per year
- Equipment - All Officers are provided take-home vehicle, uniforms, weapons, vest, and other necessary equipment during their entire career
- Annual Leave - accrues at eight hours per month, up to 300 cumulative hours.
- Sick Leave - accrues at six hours per month, up to 720 cumulative hours.
- Other Paid Time - 10 holidays, bereavement, and military leave
Minimum Requirements for Applicants
Each applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a high school graduate or possess a Florida-approved G.E.D. certificate
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Completed training as required per FSS 943
- Be of good moral character - no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions/pleas involving moral turpitude or domestic violence, neglect or abuse
- Be in good physical condition
- If a Veteran, discharge anything other than dishonorable
- Tobacco free at the time of hiring
- Must successfully complete the hiring process
All applicants for the position of Police Officer must successfully complete the following:
- Physical ability test
- Oral Review Board
- Background investigation
- Voice-stress analysis
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Psychological examination
- Medical exam and drug screen
The City of Casselberry is approximately eight square miles with an estimated population of nearly 30,000 residents. Daytime population rises considerably with persons commuting through the City to downtown Orlando or other Central Florida attractions.
The City of Casselberry is a quiet enclave in the heart of Central Florida. The City has the advantage of being a sleepy community with a plethora of shopping, entertainment, arts and culture right in our backyard. Residents and visitors enjoy our close proximity to major attractions (40 minutes from Disney World and Epcot Center, 25 minutes from Kennedy Space Center, and 2 hours from Busch Gardens).